Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow day

This is my first blog entry and I feel like I need to buy some balloons or a cake or something to celebrate it. A blog just for me, or my family anyway. No requirements. No deadlines. No one to impress. Just a simple journal of our every day chaos and laughs. I want to be able to look back without regrets (too many anyway) and see what we accomplished. How much fun we had. I want PROOF to show the kids that "See! I'm a stinkin nice/fun mom!" I've had this desperate need for awhile to journal for my kids. The not so glamorous and perfectly done hair, moments that slip by too quickly. I was extremely frustrated looking around at all the clutter that 3 little ones accumilate when the thought came to my mind, "some day this house will be empty and you'll ache for a nose to wipe and little clothes to wash." While I don't know if that statement will ever be really true, it saddens me to realize how much I wish away my life. I wish they were older so we could do more things, have more help, throw less tantrums, be potty-trained. You name it, I wish it. But I'm missing out on enjoying the chaos. So I quit my photography business that I worked so hard on for the last 1.5 years and I feel no sadness about it. Instead, I'm taking the few skills I learned and giving them to my family. Happy b-day kids, you've got your mom back! So here is the beginning of our journal, starting off with a perfectly mundane day where the weather is exceptionally bad and school has been cancelled for the 5th time in 8 days. We already have a two hour delay scheduled tomorrow morning so we'll see if we have another snow day coming our way. In the meantime, here is how completely unproductive we were today. Don't ya love unproductivity!


Movie with our neighbor Anna on my bed. Special treat!

The snow shoe mess I've come to dread........



This is what I turned around to find while I was making dinner. Apparantly I'm not fast enough!



Note to self: Need more peanut butter. Put on higher shelf!
We did manage to do a 30 minute pick-up of the whole house without much complaint. And we made a decent dinner of teriyaki salmon and rice. Go us!


1 comment: